The Last Platoon(GW2)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Platoon Guild Wars 2 Official Guild Forum

2 posters

Server Suggestions

Jexen
    Jexen

Server Suggestions Empty Server Suggestions

Post  Jexen Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:19 pm

Since I cant post a reply in the Announcement that was made I figured I would just make this post.

Im gonna go ahead and plagarize something from another community online I am active in.

These are several of the worlds with where some of the Big online communities have pledged to go.

US Worlds

Anvil Rock - 4chan /vg/, Facepunch

Borlis Pass - OMFGcata

Yak’s Bend - Yogcast, GW2 Guru, GameTrailers, Kinda Ferocious, ZAM

Henge of Denravi - NeoGAF, Guild Wars Reporter

Maguuma - MMORPG.com, Aureus Knights, Knights of Eminence, Better Late Than Never, Sages' Lost Intrigues

Sorrow’s Furnace - (DAoC Vets), VexX Gaming (PvP), Hearts of Chaos (PvX),GuildMag, Kabal, GWDen.com, Arena Junkies, Perfect in Theory (PvP), Descendants of Honor (PvX), Guild Wars Insider

Kaineng- (Asian Guilds) Thai Alliance

Jade Quarry - PVP, Decisive Action (PvP), Lion's Arch Radio/Blue Isle

Fort Aspenwood - RMA Clan (PVP), Penny Arcade

Ehmry Bay

Ferguson’s Crossing

Darkhaven - Reddit (main), Reddit WvW, Oceanic alt, Almost Famous (PvP), Gamebreaker

Vasburg - joO Binder (PvP)

Eredon Terrace -(Québec/French Canadian)

Crystal Desert - (SouthEast Asia)forums.hardwarezone.com.sg, Team Legacy (this was considered the top WvW server in BWE3)

Tarnished Coast - Unofficial Roleplaying server, The Gentlemen's Club, rpg.net, Reddit's GW2 Official RP Guild

Steamspur Mountains -Dragon Chasers

Blazeridge Mountains - The Gaming Ent, /r/trees

Isle of Janthir - Boons & Conditions, Redditors of the Mists(The Official Reddit Alliance *note that this is different than Reddit at large*)

Sea of Sorrows - SomethingAwful, (Oceanic), (Downunder/AUS/NZ), (South East Asia) The Australian Cybergamer, Harlequin, Aurora Australis, Yakisoba, Aggroculture

Deldrimor - (Latin American)La Hermandad, (Spanish) GuildWars2-Online.com

Scavenger’s Causeway

Moladune

Eternal Grove - Sea of Stars & Star Onions, Tribe Gaming

EU Worlds

Kodonur

Gandara - (English) GW2guru, Futilez (PvP), (UK Guild x1)

Kodash - guildmag.com

Blacktide - (Russian) (Polish) (Dutch), Midnight Mayhem (PvX), guildwars.pl, guildwars2.com.pl, GoHa.ru, Ancientz of Bronze Dragonflight, 4Gamers.be, guildwars-2.ru,

Istan - MMORPG.com, Ragnarok, (Finnish) Frozen Dawn, (French) Luna Atra, (FR) JV.com, (FR) Univers Virtuels

Vabbi - 4chan/vg/, mmorpg.pl

Kourna - (French) gw2.fr

Fissure of Woe - (Italian Guilds), (Romanian Guilds), SomethingAwful, (Italian) mmorpgitalia.it, TKOT

Underworld - (Portugese), Maltese Community, 4chan alt

Ring of Fire - (French) Fr-GuildWars2.net),The Bulgarians (PvP), Facepunch

Far Shiverpeaks - (Dutch) GW2nl.nl, GW2nl.nl, (Nordic/Norway/Sweden) guildwars2.no, gw2sverige.se, Guildwars2.dk, Ragnarok Of Primordus, Tweakers.net, Sweclockers.com, The Northern Assembly

Petrified Forest - Unofficial Roleplaying server

Jade Sea - NeoGAF

Desolation - (UK Guilds) Rockpapershotgun, PCGamer

Magus Falls - (German Guilds)

Whiteside Ridge - Reddit (main), GameTrailers, (Israel) Israeli Community

Fort Ranik - (French)JeuxOnline, (French Guilds) JoL, CanardPC, hardwareFR, (Dutch) 9lives.be, gw2.variance.hu

Ruins of Surmia - (Spanish) GuildWars2-Online.com, Reddit's Official EU RP guild

Sharp’s Corner - (Spanish alt) GuildWars2-Online.com

Aurora Glade - (Spanish alt) GuildWars2-Online.com

Riverside - Guild Wars 2 Slovenia, Slovak and Czech community

Elona Reach - (German) wartower.de, gw2.onlinewelten.de, guild- wars-2.net

Augury Rock - (German Alt)

Abaddon’s Mouth - (German Alt)

With all that being said I put forth the question: Is a higher population or lower population server a better choice?
    I would tend to think that avoiding the highest population server (likely Sorrows Furnace) is a good option in favor of either Isle of Janthir or Darkheaven (with my personal preference being Isle of Janthir just because of the lore). I think however it was mentioned in another post that Darkheaven was the preferred server for BWE. The thing I see about that server however from the list is that it seems to be a pvp centric list of people, which is fine but not what I recall a lot of people in LP being interested in during GW1. Just my two cents and maybe some useful information, take it as you will.

Edit - 8/2/2012 for updates that I am aware of.
    Ayerton

Server Suggestions Empty GW2 -- Gates of Madness

Post  Ayerton Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:01 pm

It is where I landed with a few people from LP since we didn't have a set time and place.

Ayerton Duvall -- Norn Gaurdian
    Clawdia Shiffer -- Asuran Ele

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:48 am